Highly-effective teams must navigate beyond three common result-killers hiding under all your talent, technology, and data: strategic obscurity, disjointed delivery, and leadership gaps. But how?
There are a lot of ways to be average.
Use our Strategy Delivery Compass below to discern what’s holding your teams back.
Many teams get stuck in Quadrants 1-3, under an invisible ceiling we call the “Threshold of Average Results”.
Below are a series of symptoms related to your strategy, production patterns, and results, which you may recognize. Together, these issues indicate your organization is not aligned to overcome the invisible Threshold of Average Results.
Ad hoc vision and strategy is more common than you think, but even good strategy often grows fuzzy on its way to business teams.
- Lack of unity at the top.
- Long investment cycles.
- Siloed planning patterns.
- Unclear sponsorship of key objectives.
- Unclear logic behind priorities.
- Decision bottlenecks.
Capable leaders are the glue between your strategy, teams, processes, and results. When you don’t have enough of them, there’s friction, as extra controls replace trust & innovation.
- Weaker trust means higher internal transaction costs.
- Tons of uninterpreted metrics that don’t drive action.
- Introduction of more management controls that stifle speed & innovation.
- Disconnected, disengaged people.
- Loss of joy in the work.
When your execution patterns are inconsistent or unclear, teams grow disjointed, and results become unpredictable.
- Rework, busywork, & manual work.
- Too many priorities.
- Too much work-in-process.
- Ambiguous, slow decisions and dependencies between teams.
- Weak communication & information sharing.
- Wide variation in operating patterns.
To break beyond the Threshold of Average Results, you need a holistic approach that breathes strategic clarity into every team and process.
The journey forward is not the same for everyone, but there are known patterns for building winning teams and powerful processes. Learn more about our Approach, and don’t hesitate to contact us for a brief phone call so we can answer your questions or see if we can help.
We are a management consulting firm based in El Paso, Texas, with a talent network across San Diego, Denver, and Dallas. We help leaders deliver awesome projects, streamline valuable processes, and build stronger teams. We mobilize people, technology, and data to turn your business goals into real results.
©2020 Edifiers Consulting. All rights reserved.