Highly-effective teams must navigate beyond three common result-killers hiding under all your talent, technology, and data: strategic obscurity, disjointed delivery, and leadership gaps. But how?
There are a lot of ways to be average.
Use our Strategy Delivery Compass below to discern what’s holding your teams back.
Many teams get stuck in Quadrants 1-3, under an invisible ceiling we call the “Threshold of Average Results”.
Below are a series of symptoms related to your strategy, production patterns, and results, which you may recognize. Together, these issues indicate your organization is not aligned to overcome the invisible Threshold of Average Results.
Ad hoc strategy is more common than you think, but even good strategy too often gets fuzzy on its way to business teams.
- Lack of unity at the top.
- Long investment cycles.
- Siloed planning patterns.
- Unclear sponsorship of key objectives.
- Unclear logic behind priorities.
- Decision bottlenecks.
When your execution model is inconsistent or unclear, teams grow disjointed, and results become unpredictable.
- Rework, busywork, & manual work.
- Too many priorities.
- Too much work-in-process.
- Ambiguous, slow decisions and dependencies between teams.
- Weak communication & information sharing.
- Wide variation in operating patterns.
- Disconnected, disengaged people.
If leaders don’t prepare their team for continuous delivery, it’s expensive, the best people eventually leave, and controls replace trust & innovation.
- Chronic overruns in costs & schedules.
- Weaker trust, higher internal transaction costs.
- Tons of uninterpreted metrics that don’t drive action.
- Culture of mediocrity, great talent turnover.
- Institution of more management controls that stifle speed & innovation.
- Loss of joy in the work.
To break beyond the Threshold of Average Results, you need a holistic approach that braids strategic goals through every team and business process.
The journey forward is not the same for everyone, but there are known patterns for building winning teams and powerful processes. Learn more about our Approach, and don’t hesitate to contact us for a brief phone call so we can answer your questions or see if we can help.
We are a management consulting firm based in El Paso, Texas, with a talent network across San Diego, Denver, and Dallas. We specialize in helping leaders drive awesome projects, streamline processes, and build stronger teams. We empower people, technology, and data to turn business goals into real results.
©2020 Edifiers Consulting. All rights reserved.